As state restrictions/guidelines ease, we are continuing to follow best-practice safety and social distancing norms and are not planning to fully reopen at this time. Sister Carmen Community Center is committed to providing assistance to residents of Eastern Boulder County who are in need. In order to keep supporting our community during the COVID-19 situation, we are taking steps to keep our staff, volunteers, participants, and the community at large safe and help prevent the spread of the illness. In order to follow social distancing recommendations from CDC and Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, we are changing our operations as follows:
Sister Carmen Community Center (SCCC) is a non-religious agency that has supported the community since 1978. Our mission is to provide assistance to residents of East Boulder County who are in need, without discrimination.
We promise to:
- Make SCCC a hate free zone.
- Serve without discrimination.
- Act and speak with honesty, accuracy, and truthfulness.
- Strive to understand and respect during all aspects of communication.
- Create a climate of caring and mutual understanding.
- Respect privacy and confidentiality.
- Accept responsibility for consequences of our own communication and actions--even if the impact was unintentional.
Because we are a non-religious organization, we rely on the generosity of community members.
SCCC is a 501c3 nonprofit agency and our tax identification number is 84-0820308.
We take a holistic approach to addressing the needs of people experiencing poverty by providing basic needs services and resources, but also equipping people with the tools they need to take steps toward stability. Our aim is to improve the quality of life for our participants, and assist them in recovering from challenging experiences by providing timely and meaningful wrap-around support in these areas:
NUTRITION & HEALTHY LIVING
FAMILY & COMMUNITY EDUCATION