The Sister Carmen Community Center Thrift Store offers the lowest priced selection of clothing, household goods and furniture in our area. Proceeds generated from sales directly support SCCC’s programs to help families in crisis.
SCCC Thrift Store
701 Baseline Road, Lafayette
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
First Wednesday of each month store opens at 11:00 a.m.
Donations accepted 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Thrift Store will open at 1 p.m. on Thursday, June 29
Donate your new or gently used items today!
All accepted donations are tax deductible and you will receive a receipt for your gift. There are some items we are not able to accept so please review our accept and do not accept list below. If you are unsure if we can take your item(s), please call 303-665-4342.
We pick up large items such as furniture for free. Call 303-665-4342 x141 and ask for Dan to schedule a pick-up, typically within 2 – 3 weeks.
Items we accept – clean and in good condition
Clothing: Clean, new or gently used clothing.
Shoes: Clean, undamaged shoes, with laces if applicable.
Furniture: Clean, assembled, undamaged furniture.
Linens: Laundered and complete sets of linens. If possible please fold and label sets for sorting.
Books: In good condition with dust cover and pages intact. We do not accept reference books.
Toys: Clean toys and games with all of the pieces.
Electronics: Clean and undamaged small electronics and appliances.
Seasonal Items: accepted during the appropriate holiday or season. We do not accept items that are out-of-season.
Television Sets: Flat Screen TV’s manufactured in 2010 or later and in good working condition. We do not accept older or broken TVs and we do not have recycling services for TVs.
We are not able to accept items that are dirty, stained, disassembled or considered unsellable. We reserve the right to refuse any donation that we cannot sell. Staff will determine if we can accept your donation. We are unable to confirm acceptance of items via phone or email. If we are unable to accept your donation you may elect to dispose of it in our dumpster at a cost of $20 per large item. No electronics.
Electronic Recycling Fees: As required by Colorado State Statute SB12-133, electronic items are not to be disposed of in household or commercial waste pick up; however, we can properly dispose of these items for a fee.
*Sellable Flat screen TVs will not incur a fee.
Items we do not accept
- Dirty, stained, or damaged clothing, bedding and linens
- Dirty, stained, disassembled or damaged furniture and mattresses
- Item with a travel logo (e.g. Alaska, Canada, Costa Rica, etc.)
- Items with a logo (e.g. BolderBoulder, Girl or Boy Scouts, etc.)
- Cribs and crib bumpers
- Car Seats
- Hide-a-bed couches
- Waterbeds, hospital beds, and electric beds
- Office furniture (e.g. desks, filing cabinets, rolling chairs, floor mats, etc.)
- Entertainment centers that hold old, large TVs
- Large exercise equipment
- Ironing Boards
- Pianos and organs
- Building supplies (e.g. wood, tile, paint, bathtubs, sinks, toilets, cabinets, counter tops)
- Window blinds and curtain rods
- Dirty, damaged or broken kitchen appliances
- Chemicals and hazardous materials (e.g. guns, ammunition, fireworks)
- Household cleaning chemicals
- Damaged books (e.g. broken spines, water damage, torn covers, missing pages)
- Reference books (e.g. textbooks, self-help of any kind, maps, atlases, dictionaries and thesauruses)
- Out-of-season holiday or seasonal items
Claire Davis, Retail Director: email@example.com or (303) 665-4342 x184
Kathy Thomas, Retail Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 665-4342 x184
Maria Lopez, Retail Supervisor: email@example.com or (303) 665-4342 x184 (hablo español!)