The Sister Carmen Community Center Thrift Store offers the lowest priced selection of clothing, household goods and furniture in our area. Proceeds generated from sales directly support SCCC’s programs to help families in crisis.
SCCC Thrift Store
701 Baseline Road, Lafayette
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
First Wednesday of each month store opens at 11:00 a.m.
Donations accepted 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Donation drop-off will also be closed during these times:
Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Monday, January 21st
President’s Day: Monday, February 18th
Memorial Day: Monday, May 27th
Independence Day: Thursday, July 4th
Labor Day: Monday, September 2nd
Thanksgiving: Closed from 3:00 pm on Wednesday, November 27th – Sunday, December 1st. Please drop off donations before 2:00 pm on Wednesday, November 27th.
December & New Years: Closing at 11:30 am on Friday, December 13th for a staff event. Closed Monday, December 23rd – Monday, January 1st
Donate your new or gently used items today!
All accepted donations are tax deductible and you will receive a receipt for your gift. There are some items we are not able to accept so please review our accept and do not accept list below. If you are unsure if we can take your item(s), please call 303-665-4342.
Items we accept – clean and in good condition
Clothing: Clean, new or gently used clothing.
Shoes: Clean, undamaged shoes, with laces if applicable.
Furniture: Clean, assembled, undamaged furniture.
Linens: Laundered and complete sets of linens. If possible please fold and label sets for sorting.
Books: In good condition with dust cover and pages intact. We do not accept reference books.
Toys: Clean toys and games with all of the pieces.
Electronics: Clean and undamaged small electronics and appliances.
Seasonal Items: accepted during the appropriate holiday or season. We do not accept items that are out-of-season.
Television Sets: Flat Screen TV’s manufactured in 2010 or later and in good working condition. We do not accept older or broken TVs and we do not have recycling services for TVs.
We are not able to accept items that are dirty, stained, disassembled or considered unsellable. We reserve the right to refuse any donation that we cannot sell. Staff will determine if we can accept your donation. We are unable to confirm acceptance of items via phone or email. If we are unable to accept your donation you may elect to dispose of it in our dumpster at a cost of $20 per large item. No electronics.
Electronic Recycling Fees: As required by Colorado State Statute SB12-133, electronic items are not to be disposed of in household or commercial waste pick up; however, we can properly dispose of these items for a fee.
$0.60 per pound — Miscellaneous Electronics
(To be weighed by staff at time of donation. If <1lb, $0.60 minimum due.)
- A/V Equipment
- Cable Boxes
- Fax Machines
- Mixed and tangled cables and chords
- Non-smart cellphones
- Recording Equipment
- Satellite TV Equipment
- UPS Batteries
We will also charge this fee for the following if they are non-functioning or not in salable condition. Please test your electronics before donation; these items will cost SCCC funds to recycle if they are found to be non-functioning or cannot be sold, which greatly reduces the impact of your gift to us.
- DVD/VCR/CD/DVR players
- Small house appliances (toaster ovens, microwaves
- Stereo components and speakers
Electronics that are Not Accepted
These items are difficult to recycle and store for transport. Their large size and weight poses a safety concern to our staff and volunteers.
- Computer towers
- CRT computer monitors (non-flat screen)
- Large, old TVs (non-flat screen)
- Rear projection TVs
Electronics Accepted for Recycling Free of Charge
We recommend wiping all storage devices of personal information before donating.
- Small servers (<20 lbs)
- Tablets and iPads
Items we do not accept
- Building supplies (e.g. wood, tile, paint, bathtubs, sinks, toilets, cabinets, counter tops)
- Car Seats
- Chemicals and hazardous materials (e.g. guns, ammunition, fireworks)
- Cribs and crib bumpers
- Damaged books (e.g. broken spines, water damage, torn covers, missing pages)
- Dirty, damaged or broken kitchen appliances
- Dirty, stained, disassembled or damaged furniture and mattresses
- Dirty, stained, or damaged clothing, bedding and linens
- Entertainment centers that hold old, large TVs
- Hide-a-bed couches
- Household cleaning chemicals
- Ironing Boards
- Item with a travel logo (e.g. Alaska, Canada, Costa Rica, etc.)
- Items with a logo (e.g. BolderBoulder, Girl or Boy Scouts, etc.)
- Large exercise equipment
- Office furniture (e.g. desks, filing cabinets, rolling chairs, floor mats, etc.)
- Out-of-season holiday or seasonal items
- Pianos and organs
- Reference books (e.g. textbooks, self-help of any kind, maps, atlases, dictionaries and thesauruses)
- Waterbeds, hospital beds, and electric beds
- Window blinds and curtain rods
Retail Director: (303) 665-4342 x184
Retail Manager: (303) 665-4342 x184 (hablo español!)