As of Monday, March 16, our thrift store is closed until further notice, and unfortunately we cannot accept thrift store donations during this closure.
Sister Carmen Community Center is committed to providing assistance to residents of Eastern Boulder County who are in need. In order to keep supporting our community during the COVID-19 situation, we are taking steps to keep our staff, volunteers, participants, and the community at large safe and help prevent the spread of the illness. In order to follow social distancing recommendations from CDC and Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, we are changing our operations:
The Sister Carmen Community Center Thrift Store offers the lowest priced selection of clothing, household goods and furniture in our area. Proceeds generated from sales directly support SCCC’s programs to help families in crisis.
SCCC Thrift Store
701 Baseline Road, Lafayette
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
First Wednesday of each month store opens at 11:00 a.m.
Donations accepted 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Donate your new or gently used items today!
All accepted donations are tax deductible and you will receive a receipt for your gift. There are some items we are not able to accept so please review our accept and do not accept list below. If you are unsure if we can take your item(s), please call 303-665-4342.
Items we accept – clean and in good condition
Clothing: Clean, new or gently used clothing.
Shoes: Clean, undamaged shoes, with laces if applicable.
Furniture: Clean, assembled, undamaged furniture.
Linens: Laundered and complete sets of linens. If possible please fold and label sets for sorting.
Books: In good condition with dust cover and pages intact. We do not accept reference books.
Toys: Clean toys and games with all of the pieces.
Electronics: Cameras/camcorders, DVD/VCR, CD and DVRs, e-readers, radios, small household applicances, stereos and speakers, X-box, Wii and Playstations, 2010 and newer flat-screen televisions. No routers or switches.
Seasonal Items: accepted during the appropriate holiday or season. We do not accept items that are out-of-season.
We are not able to accept items that are dirty, stained, disassembled or considered unsellable. We reserve the right to refuse any donation that we cannot sell. Staff will determine if we can accept your donation. We are unable to confirm acceptance of items via phone or email. If we are unable to accept your donation you may elect to dispose of it in our dumpster at a cost of $20 per large item. No electronics.
Items we do not accept
- Building supplies (e.g. wood, tile, paint, bathtubs, sinks, toilets, cabinets, counter tops)
- Car Seats
- Chemicals and hazardous materials (e.g. guns, ammunition, fireworks)
- Cribs and crib bumpers
- Damaged books (e.g. broken spines, water damage, torn covers, missing pages)
- Dirty, damaged or broken kitchen appliances
- Dirty, stained, disassembled or damaged furniture and mattresses
- Dirty, stained, or damaged clothing, bedding and linens
- Entertainment centers that hold old, large TVs
- Hide-a-bed couches
- Household cleaning chemicals
- Ironing Boards
- Item with a travel logo (e.g. Alaska, Canada, Costa Rica, etc.)
- Items with a logo (e.g. BolderBoulder, Girl or Boy Scouts, etc.)
- Large exercise equipment
- Office furniture (e.g. desks, filing cabinets, rolling chairs, floor mats, etc.)
- Out-of-season holiday or seasonal items
- Pianos and organs
- Reference books (e.g. textbooks, self-help of any kind, maps, atlases, dictionaries and thesauruses)
- Waterbeds, hospital beds, and electric beds
- Window blinds and curtain rods
Retail Director: (303) 665-4342 x184
Retail Manager: (303) 665-4342 x184 (hablo español!)