SCCC Retail Store Assistant –Part-time (16 hrs, Weekend)
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for receiving merchandise, handling cash transactions and adhering to the Thrift Store policies – pricing, inventory sorting, recycling fees, recycling/salvage process, cash register procedures, and safety practices. Provide excellent customer service to customers and donors. Capable of working with a very diverse team of staff, volunteers, and community service workers.
Essential Functions: (An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform)
- Greets customers and provides assistance when needed.
- Assists with merchandising, cleaning and straightening the thrift store daily.
- Accurately rings sales on cash register, makes proper change, offers receipts, and thanks customers for their business.
- Supervises volunteers and community service workers to properly clean, stock and merchandise items.
- Assists customer and donors with loading and unloading of merchandise.
- Assists with pricing items.
- Builds and maintains a quality, effective working relationship with internal and external customers, as well as staff, volunteers and community service workers.
- Acts with customers and donors in mind and is dedicated to meeting their expectations.
- Uses good interpersonal skills and treats everyone with dignity and respect.
- Promotes and demonstrates teamwork and cooperation.
- Open to and supportive of new ideas and process improvement of systems and procedures.
- Assists with completing daily tasks lists in the store. Directs volunteers and community service workers to assist in completion of these lists.
- Understands and follows store theft prevention practices. Assists with loss prevention. Reports any suspicious behavior, or unauthorized possession/removal of SCCC property.
- Brings items of interest to management to research value to ensure accurate pricing.
- Immediately advises supervisor of significant and unexpected problems or maintenance issues.
- Informs supervisor of needed supplies, additional trash or salvage needed.
- Observes safe work practices; demonstrates responsible use of SCCC Information Technology equipment and adheres to SCCC IT protocols.
- Requests training on new tasks/departments when interested.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements/Competencies:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. May perform other duties as assigned. Regular attendance is an essential function. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or GED
Previous retail or customer service experience
Ability to interact with a diverse array of people
Previous cash handling experience
Excellent organizational and customer service skills
Fluency in Spanish
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position is very active, and requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, occasional climbing stairs during work shift. Frequently lift and/or move items that weigh more than 50 lbs with team assistance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Retail store environment. Moderate Noise. Must be able to work weekends.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Trish Devlin at email@example.com.
The selected candidate will need to authorize a background check and we participate in E-Verify.