SCCC Development Associate
Job Description Summary:
Working under the supervision of the Development Director and with other staff and volunteers, the Development Associate/Specialist is responsible for assisting with SCCC fundraising efforts. The primary objective of this position is to provide comprehensive support for all development activities.
Essential Functions: (An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform)
- Serve as the manager for the donor database, including data entry protocols, back-ups, gift processing, data integrity, reporting, and other data base tasks
- Identify and implement processes and improvements to ensure the integrity of the database, including troubleshooting/identifying inconsistencies and making corrections
- Supervise, schedule and train data entry volunteers
- Coordinate the sorting, storage and handling of donor receipts
- Manage deposit entry and reconciliation of donor gifts and the donor acknowledgement process including thank you letters/receipts.
- Support direct mail and communication efforts, including newsletters, appeals, electronic communications and social media.
- Collect content and images for social media campaigns, manage social media calendar and coordinate content approval with CEO and/or Director of Development.
- Manage printing and mailing processes, including maintaining mailing lists
- Aid in full-cycle donor relations efforts and development initiatives
- Assist with writing grant proposals and reports
- Assist with local outreach events that have a fundraising component as requested by Development Director
- Support special event fundraising efforts when needed
- Adheres to and upholds safety workplace practices; demonstrates responsible use of SCCC Information Technology equipment and adheres to SCCC IT protocols.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements/Competencies:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. May perform other duties as assigned. Regular attendance is an essential function. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s degree in related field required – non-profit management, marketing, communications, business or additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Mission-driven individual who has a general understanding of human services
- One or more years of development experience or other related experience
- Experience with relational database
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong technical aptitude and social media experience
- Self-starter who is capable of taking direction and is able to work independently
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize accordingly
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strategic and creative thinker with a strong work ethic
- Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability – the individual is consistently at work on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, and gathers information skillfully.
- Donor Service – the individual is committed to a high level of service and responds promptly to the donor needs, and requests for assistance.
Experience with WordPress CMS and website upkeep
Bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, marketing, communications, business, or additional years of experience
in lieu of degree
Exposure to grant writing and reporting
Experience with communications and marketing
Graphic design skills: experience with Publisher or other graphic design software
Experience with DonorPerfect
WORK ENVIRONMENT: 40 hours per week scheduled generally Monday through Friday with early evening availability required. Occasional Saturdays for special projects or events. Work will be conducted in the office primarily with occasional community meetings. Flexibility around service delivery will be essential. Office environment. Moderate Noise. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Constant sitting at computer .
Please submit cover letter and resume to Trish Devlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selected candidate will need to authorize a background check and we participate in E-Verify.
Sister Carmen Community Center, Lafayette, CO
4-6 Weeks, 15- 20 hours per week
Working under the supervision of the Development Director, the Social Media intern will:
- Develop the content for SCCC’s social media plan
- Responsible for global branding posts
- Responsible for city specific posts
- Develop social media calendar such as Hootsuite, TweetDeck or Buffer
- Manage daily scheduled social media posts
- Set-up Instagram account
Experience, Education and/or skills:
- Social Media experience
- Basic graphic design skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexible, ability to work in dynamic, changing environment
- Able to work independently and productively
- Ability to work with diverse personalities
Please submit cover letter and resume to Myra Ceske, Director of Development Myra@sistercarmen.org.