Why Work at Sister Carmen Community Center?
- Casual, family and dog friendly environment that values work-life balance
- Generous paid time off and benefits. In addition to paid vacation and sick days, staff receives a week of paid time off for the winter holidays and New Years.
- Opportunities for continued training and education in the Human Services field
- Opportunities for employee engagement, including drum circles, ice cream socials, and more
Sister Carmen Community Center- Temporary Food Bank Assistants, $15.00/Hr:
(1) Full-time position, Mon. – Fri. , 8 am – 5 p.m.
(2) Part-time positions, Tues. – Fri. 12 – 5 p.m.
Job Description Summary:
The Food Bank Assistant is responsible for the assisting with the operations of the Sister Carmen Community Center Food Bank. This includes receiving donations, sorting food, creating food boxes, and distributing food. Assist the Nutrition and Healthy Living Manager (NHL Manager) with coordination and organization of Food Bank and Warehouse areas.
Essential Functions: (An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform)
- Receives food bank donations, which requires weighing and recording on incoming food log.
- Assists with sorting food and checking expiration dates.
- Prepares and stocks Food Bank shelves.
- Greets donors, offers receipt, and thanks them.
- Creates food boxes for distribution to participants.
- Assist with the Food Bank Drive-Through as needed.
- Assist with cleaning and sanitizing the food bank.
- Assist with breaking down bulk items for distribution.
- Organize the Warehouse as needed.
- Manage waste from the Food Bank, both food and trash.
- Other Food Bank and intake duties as needed and assigned.
- Adheres to and upholds safety workplace practices; demonstrates responsible use of SCCC Information Technology equipment and adheres to SCCC IT protocols.
Minimum Job Requirements/Competencies:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. May perform other duties as assigned. Regular attendance is an essential function. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Flexible, proactive, adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Must be able to work with a diverse workgroups and serve families with diverse economic, social, racial and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationship with individuals who may not share the same value system or behavior norms.
- Maintain a professional and confidential work environment.
- Ability to lift between 25 and 75 pounds on a regular basis with team assistance.
- Basic knowledge of workplace safety practices.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Physical Requirements:
Frequent to constant walking, frequent standing, sitting. Ability to lift 50 pounds; for heavier weight items seek assistance of other team members.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Trish Devlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selected candidate will need to authorize a background check and we participate in E-Verify