Why Work at Sister Carmen Community Center?
- Casual, family and dog friendly environment that values work-life balance
- Generous paid time off and benefits. In addition to paid vacation and sick days, staff receives a week of paid time off for the winter holidays and New Years.
- Opportunities for continued training and education in the Human Services field
- Opportunities for employee engagement, including drum circles, ice cream socials, and more
Summer Driver/Warehouse Assistant (32 hrs. per week)
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for driving delivery truck to pick up merchandise and/or food donations and deliver to Aspen Ridge. Assisting in organization and planning of the Warehouse.
Essential Functions: (An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform)
- Coordinates with the Facilities/ Operations Director and Office Manager to schedule donations pick-ups.
- Drives the truck to scheduled store pickups. Cultivates strong relationships with vendors.
- Drives the truck to scheduled donor pickups. Picks up acceptable donations and provides donor with a receipt. Thanks donors.
- Monitor traffic conditions to avoid delays.
- Read and interpret maps and GPS directions.
- Unloads the truck and places merchandise in the Food Bank.
- Treats all donors with courtesy- accepts donations, offers receipt, and thanks the donor.
- Completes route logs and reports.
- Builds and maintains quality, effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Promotes and demonstrates teamwork and cooperation.
- Assists in the organization and planning of the warehouse.
- Assists with sorting electronics and recycling/trash.
- Assists with inspections of buildings, follows safety protocol and informs staff of any concerns or problems.
- May be trained to use hand-jack and forklift.
- Immediately advises supervisor of significant and unexpected problems.
- Assists customers and donors with loading and unloading of merchandise when needed.
- Abides by all Colorado Motor Vehicle laws.
- Practices Department of Transportation safety regulations and safety standards.
- Adheres to and upholds safety workplace practices; demonstrates responsible use of SCCC Information Technology equipment and adheres to SCCC IT protocols.
- Abides by SCCC Driving and Traffic Policy.
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements/Competencies:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. May perform other duties as assigned. Regular attendance is an essential function. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- HS diploma or GED
- Proven working experience as a delivery driver
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and be able to effectively interact with a diverse array of people.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Able to up to lift 50lbs. on a regular basis, team assistance on lifting more than 50 lbs.
- Possess and maintain valid driver’s license
- Possess and maintain clean Motor Vehicle Record
- Pass drug and alcohol screen
- Basic knowledge of maintenance repair and basic knowledge of landscaping.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Trish Devlin at email@example.com.
The selected candidate will need to authorize a background check and we participate in E-Verify.