Job Reports to: Director of Facilities/Operations
Part Time (32 hours)
Schedule: 7:00 A.M. – 1:30 P.M. Monday – Friday
May – September Temporary Position
Responsible for driving delivery truck to pick up merchandise and/or food donations and deliver to donors, Thrift Store and Aspen Ridge Facility.
- Coordinates with the Facilities/ Operations Director to schedule donations pick-ups.
- Drives the truck to scheduled store pickups. Cultivates strong relationships with vendors.
- Drives the truck to scheduled donor pickups. Picks up acceptable donations and provides donor with a receipt. Thanks donors.
- Monitor traffic conditions to avoid delays.
- Read and interpret maps and GPS directions.
- Respectfully communicates with donors regarding inappropriate donations and makes suggestions for other disposal options, when appropriate.
- Unloads the truck and places merchandise in the Food Bank, Thrift Store, or Donations Area.
- Treats all donors with courtesy- accepts donations, offers receipt, and thanks the donor.
- Completes route logs and reports.
- Builds and maintains quality, effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Acts with customers and donors in mind and is dedicated to meeting their expectations.
- Uses good interpersonal skills and treats everyone with dignity and respect.
- Promotes and demonstrates teamwork and cooperation.
- Assists in the organization and planning of the warehouse.
- Assists with sorting electronics and recycling/trash.
- Assists with inspections of buildings, follows safety protocol and informs staff of any concerns or problems.
- May be trained to use hand-jack and forklift.
- Immediately advises supervisor of significant and unexpected problems.
- Open to and supportive of new ideas and process improvement of systems and procedures.
- Ensures the vehicles are clean and in good repair.
- Assists with loss prevention in the thrift store and donations area. Reports any suspicious behavior, incidents or theft, or unauthorized possession/ removal of SCCC property.
- Supervises volunteers and community service workers on the truck.
- Assists customers and donors with loading and unloading of merchandise when needed.
- Abides by all Colorado Motor Vehicle laws.
- Practices Department of Transportation safety regulations and safety standards.
- Adheres to and upholds safety workplace practices; demonstrates responsible use of SCCC Information Technology equipment and adheres to SCCC IT protocols.
- Abides by SCCC Driving and Traffic Policy and COVID Protocol.
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements/Competencies:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. May perform other duties as assigned. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- HS diploma or GED
- Proven working experience as a delivery driver
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and be able to effectively interact with a diverse array of people.
- Able to up to lift 50lbs. on a regular basis, team assistance on lifting more than 50 lbs.
- Possess and maintain valid driver’s license
- Possess and maintain clean Motor Vehicle Record
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Bi-lingual English/ Spanish
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Constant sitting; Frequent walking; Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Warehouse environment, highway and residential driving
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to our HR Manager, Connie Fisher, at firstname.lastname@example.org.