Human Resources Manager
Reports to: CEO
Pay Range: $27-$31.50/hour (approximately 20-24 hours/week)
This position reports to the CEO and is responsible for developing and implementing HR related strategies and procedures to attract, build, develop, and promote a highly competent and diverse staff at Sister Carmen Community Center. The HR Manager managers the whole employment life cycle of SCCC employees – recruiting, benefits, compensation, payroll, promotions, leave of absences, performance management, employee relations counseling, corrective actions, terminations.
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform.
- Onboarding of new hires, including paperwork and general orientation to SCCC
- Ensures that all proper paperwork is completed and filed in accordance with federal and state laws
- Facilitate hiring process; posts jobs, screens resumes, interviewing, and conducts reference checks, and job offers
- Administer benefit program in conjunction with C.E.O. and insurance broker
- Reviews salary market data and recommends annual compensation plans
- Employee relations counseling
- Prepares and maintains employee handbook on policies and procedures
- Handles Worker’s Compensation claims
- Sets up and maintains employee personnel files in a confidential manner
- Maintains compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws
- Establishes and maintains employee records and reports
- Facilitates annual performance management system
- Assists supervisors in development and updating of job descriptions
- Supports supervisors on performance related issues
- Facilitates disciplinary action, termination, and/ or lay off processes
- Collect timesheets, enter payroll, submit payroll to Paychex vendor
- Creates forms for HR as needed
- Assists with development and implementation of staff appreciation and recognition strategies
- Maintains organizational charts and staff lists
- Conducts exit interviews
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements
- Makes recommendations to the CEO about improvements in HR policies and practices, benefits
- Participates as member of leadership team in developing organization goals, objectives and systems.
- Identify training opportunities for staff based on annual performance reviews and best practices
- Train staff on human resources related topics
- Adheres to and upholds safety workplace practices; demonstrates responsible use of SCCC
- Information Technology equipment and adheres to SCCC IT protocols.
Minimum Job Requirements/Competencies:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. May perform other duties as assigned. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Passion for the mission of Sister Carmen Community Center
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- A.A. or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field, or certified HR professional
- Two plus years of HR experience in a similar position
- Strategic and creative thinker with a strong work ethic, ethical conduct
- Organized and resourceful
- Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives
- Experienced and proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Solid knowledge of workplace safety practices
- Solid knowledge of training adults
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: frequent sitting, occasional walking,
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office environment. Moderate Noise.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Connie at firstname.lastname@example.org.