A Collective Impact
Every holiday season, groups such as companies, schools, clubs, faith groups, and organizations of all backgrounds volunteer and bring food, winter coats, and household items to Sister Carmen. We couldn’t serve our community without them—and you! Since groups have such a significant impact at Sister Carmen, we want to host a special donation drive this year. To make an even bigger collective impact this holiday season, we’re hosting a month-long donation drive specifically tailored for groups like yours!
With the help of your group, we hope to have our shelves stocked in time for our busiest months—November and December. It’s easy:
Only one person from your group needs to fill out the online registration form.
2. START COLLECTING
Collect items from our most-needed list from October 1st – 31st! To start collecting, brainstorm some Ways to Make Your Food Drive a Success with your group. Spread the word about your food drive by downloading our Toolkit which includes social media posts, photos, logos, messaging, and more to get started.
- Fruit: canned + fruit juices (low or no sugar)
- Protein: canned chicken, tuna, salmon; canned beans
- Canned Soups & Stews, Chicken Bouillon
- Nut Butters: peanut, almond, soy, etc.
- Grains: rice, cereal, oatmeal, pasta, maseca (masa)
- Canned Tomatoes: sauce, diced, whole, stewed, rotel
- Maseca (Masa), Dried Pinto Beans, Dried Red Chillies
- Cooking oils: canola & olive
- Diapers: size 3 and up + pull ups
- Toiletries: Shampoo/conditioner, toilet paper, dish & laundry soap, tooth paste, deodorant, feminine hygiene products, etc.