A Collective Impact
Each year, groups such as companies, schools, clubs, faith groups, and organizations of all backgrounds volunteer to collect food and household items to Sister Carmen. We couldn’t serve our community without them—and you! Sadly, many food drives were forced to cancel this year due to state restrictions on group sizes.
With the help of your group, we hope to keep our shelves stocked for everyone in our community, especially those who have been impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. It’s easy:
Only one person from your group needs to fill out the online registration form.
2. START COLLECTING
Collect items from our most-needed list! To start collecting, brainstorm some Ways to Make your Food Drive a Success with your group. Spread the word about your food drive by downloading our Toolkit which includes social media posts, photos, logos, messaging, and more to get started.
3. DROP OFF YOUR DONATIONS
Drop off your donations at our food bank loading dock at 655 Aspen Ridge Drive (located on the east side of the building). To maintain social distancing standards, please stay in your car as you pull into the dock parking lot and follow the signs. Our staff and volunteers will wear masks and unload your items.
Contact Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
In high demand:
- Feminine hygiene products: pads, tampons
- Cooking oils: canola & olive
- Baby items: baby food, formula, size 5 diapers
- Pet items: dog food, cat food, cat litter, treats
- Canned Tomatoes: diced
- COVID items: disposable gloves, face masks, cleaning wipes
In moderate demand:
- Fruit: canned (low or no sugar), applesauce
- Protein: canned chicken, pinto beans, white beans
- Canned soups & stews, chicken bouillon
- Nut Butters: peanut, almond, soy, etc.
- Grains: rice, flour, gluten-free items, pastas
- Canned Tomatoes: diced, whole, paste, stewed, spaghetti sauce
- Toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, toilet paper, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.
- Household items: dish & laundry soap, trash bags, paper towels, pain reliever, vitamins
Don’t have time for a food drive?
You can purchase items we need for our Food Bank through our Amazon Wish List.
All items are shipped directly to SCCC.